Thursday, December 23, 2004

Snehi!

Today Snehi sent out an email saying that she is finally getting married on the 2nd of May 05'.
Snehi has come a long way from her immature, cranky days to her mature, can-laugh-at-herself ones. Throughout all these years of our friendship ( 14 years I think), she has been my classmate, close friend, critic and even inspiration at times. But the one thing she has always been, is an unbiased shoulder I could lean on, someone who has always loved me and accepted me the way I am. In fact, I can take the liberty of saying that my other two close friends ( also part of our group) who live in the US now, feel the same.
Snehi and I have lived in different countries for the past three years and are not exactly in regular touch. Yet when we meet, we pick up from where we last left off. She is one of the few people, who cherishes and values my friendship as I do hers and I know she will be there for me, come what may.
Looking back, I feel good about having made the Agra trip with her when I was home a couple of months ago and I remember her saying to me then, " Sweetoo, the next time we meet, I will be married!"

That is why, today is a special day for me and my other two friends who are far away from her, but will celebrate all the same!!

Toasting to Snehi and her happiness to come:)


No comments: