Sunday, June 19, 2005

Island-ified!

For the first time ever, in life, I lost my phone. And now I am an island!
One event, multiple losses.
150+ phone numbers in an invaluable phone book, the much-valued-post-loss and used-to handset that I took so much for granted, the 20 mile detour on the NJTP in the hope that I would find it where I left it, the uneasy 5 hours in-between and the much getting-used-to with my new phone.
Too much trouble, on account of one small mistake.
Maybe I am being too hard on myself, but I guess the logic is simple: Either don't depend on something so much or just dont lose something you depend so much on.
The one good thing that did come out of this episode, apart from the lesson it taught me, was that I got back in touch with random people from my life, who so far were reduced to numbers in my phone book.
All's well that ends well I guess. My new phone is'nt as sleek as the old one, but it's serving to connect me to my world, all the same! It's another one of those experiences in present-day life; time to say "Been there, done that! Now what's next?" and move on...

4 comments:

Bhaskar said...

u bet.. guess what, i stepped out of my house today w/o taking my keys and got locked out.. with the movers getting desperate every second, i was dead frustrated with my situation... didnt have my cell phone with me and couldnt recollect the numbers of any of my contacts.. was stuck like crazy for about half an hour w/o my cell phone and worse w/o my phone numbers.. couldnt help wondering whether not having a cell phone is worse than having a cell phone but w/o the personal address book..

Shweyta said...

Wow! You sure were in a soup! Hope all's sorted out now.

anumita said...

I can imagine having lost 4 phones myself, the last very recently. And hubby lost his second over the last weekend! It's a nightmare with collecting the numbers now!

Bhaskar said...

yup.. as i was just abt to ask the movers to leave and come back tomorrow a good samaritan staying in the same house returned home and opened the front door... i m happy that noone called 911 to inform about suspicious characters lurking in the JSQ neighborhood and attempting to break into a house :-)