Thursday, January 12, 2006

Day 0 - Departure from JFK

Day 0 - (Thursday, 12th Jan 06')
Another one of those trips; going to India with a Euro-stop. It's become a dogma with me, of sorts; any trip outside the US doesnt make sense if it doesnt incorporate India in it, and any trip to India doesnt seem complete without a stop in Europe. The two sort of go hand-in-hand. And of course going by past experiences, flying long distances alone, can get extremely boring, so for that and other reasons, Raj and I were flying together.
After hours of research and itinerary-matching, I had finally worked out an itinerary that took Raj and me to London together, from where he moved on to Mumbai and I, to Amsterdam. After a short trip to the Netherlands, I was to be off to Mumbai for about 10 days, (my shortest stay in Mumbai, ever since I stopped living there). Our return flights, of course were booked together.
So the vacation started today; spent the day packing and a trip into the city for some errands. Called a cab for JFK and after the regular checking-in etc found ourselves on a rather empty flight headed to London.

2 comments:

Bhaskar said...

A fresh travelogue after a long time :-)... Just a minor question - was this actually published on Jan 12th :-) Nevertheless I am guessing that I can expect travelogues from days 1,2...10 to follow

- B

Shweyta said...

Hey Bhaskar,
Yep, this wasnt written on Jan 12th and am still working on some of the remaining days' adventures. Will have them all up soon.