Thursday, February 08, 2007

Let's call the whole thing off...

Saw "When Harry met Sally" recently and this song refuses to leave my head, since. As most songs do, it sounds better when heard than when read, but here it is anyways.
P.S: Would be thrilled if someone has the soundtrack and can forward it to me, especially this song.

Let's Call the Whole Thing Off...

You say "either" and I say "ayether"
You say "neither" I say "nayether"
"Either" "ayether", "neither" "nayether"
Let's call the whole thing off.
You say "potato," I say "patatto"
You say "tomato", I say "tamatto"
Oh, let's call the whole thing off.
Oh, if we call the whole thing off, then we must part
and oh if we ever part, that would break my heart,
So, I say "ursta" you say "oyster"
I'm not gonna stop eatin' urstas just cause you say oyster,
Oh, let's call the whole thing off oh,
I say "pyjamas", you say "pajamas"
Sugar, what's the problem?
Oh, for we know, we need each other,
so we'd better call the calling off, off.
So let's call it off, oh let's call it off,
Oh, let's call it off, baby let's call it off,
Sugar why don't we call it off,
I'm talking baby, let's call it off, call it off,
Let's call the whole thing off!

2 comments:

SrgntPepper said...

Have not seen WHMS. It arrived in my awareness carrying too much of a chickflick badge, infact "THE" all time cf badge.

but heard this song, or a Ella Fitzgerald/LouisArmstrong version of it, on FM (all india radio no less today) shouldnt be too difficult to buy it online somewhere.

not bad, but still staying away from WHMS.. :P

Shweyta said...

Hi Srgnt,
I actually already received this song and all the others, a complete CD of the soundtrack of the movie, recently, so am super thrilled about it. Love all the songs of the film.
And about it being "the" chickflick, well yes, but worth one watch all the same:)