Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sea...

I lived by the sea....
I miss it's vastness; it's unending expanse of water, in the distance, touching the horizon. That is where we drew the sun, everytime we drew a picture. Rising or setting, that is where it always was.
I now live by the river.....
It is unending too, albeit only along it's linearity. But along it's transverse-ity, it ends somewhere. Somewhere, where buildings rise. And where sometimes, buildings set. And in the far distance, bridges span; to reach out, to far-away land and bring it near.
The water is a little different too. It used to be greyish-blue in my sea, it is a brilliant blue in my river. It still dances and sways; frolics and laughs. It squeals and gushes, in waves and in sprays.
And I look at it everyday and think of the sea, that has followed me.
Across seven other seas, to live with me, here in my river.

No comments: