Monday, September 15, 2008

Fall Street!

There was a strange lull all over. It was as if lifeless bodies moved around, floated on the streets, went from one place to another. A cloud of worry loomed all over the street. The big flag on the building, stagnated in the wind.
The morning rush seemed bleak, almost like a long weekend rush. Only hopeless instead of hopeful.
At lunch time, the overtly crowded restaurant, actually had available seating.
In the evening, as I walked out of work, in the distance, near the gold bollards, stood the camera men. Reporters in front of them, getting ready to narrate the streets biggest fall since 9/11. "Lets get out of here before they try to stop us and make us blurt out something by mistake" said a stock broker voice behind me. Before I could turn around to see his face, he slipped away.
A good friend jokingly texted " You guys should see if a street emp wants to sell his condo. I would think a lot more condos are on the market today". I smiled faintly and responded "Yah maybe" with half as much interest.

Wall Street is where I work. Spend a big part of my day everyday. And like in my previous work-hoods in the city, a part of me now belongs here too.
The bulls and the bears are unwell. The street is not itself today.
Hoping for it's quick recovery.

Get Well Soon, Wall!

2 comments:

"Lady Namu" said...

well, the thing about the condos is very true:D yeah! its just been soo gloomy...I really do hope it picks up and doesn't create a ripple effect

Shweyta said...

Ya. Today somehow seemed better although strangely enough the only street talk I overheard while walking at lunch was "No money"..."What a big loss"...."Who goes down next?"....etc etc....I dont know..just didnt seem like the best of days to be walking next to any stock brokers:)