Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The city....

The city is my anonymity; where I walk around aimlessly, turn a corner and come right back to where I began and still reach my destination.
The city lets me be; alone when I want to, blurring me out to become a face in the crowd.
The city works me; tapping into my energy and consuming my vigour.
The city liberates me; her rivers washing their winds of change as the seasons go by.
The city puts me to sleep; holding me close in her arms and patting my head until I drift away to bliss.
The city inspires me; her rush, pace and spirit I imbibe in me each day.
The city ignites me; to manifest my passion, let go of my inhibition and run like there's no tomorrow.
The city loves me; unconditionally and endlessly, for who I was, what I am and who I'll become someday.
The city is Mumbai. The city is New York. The city is me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a "Like" button. How facebookized are we? :) Nice piece as always.

-
Karthik

pancham said...

Neat!!