Sunday, June 27, 2004

A late start?

Heard that people blog, but honestly hated the idea of it.
Why would you want to put your lives' personal moments on a publicly accessible website for everyone to view? Kind of a self-affirmative to yellow journalism. I still think that.
Have come across blogs where people share their relationship/ marital lives, not sparing the little details. Quite an online reality show for the voyeurs among us. I guess it's just about where you draw the line on "personal" space and how much of it should be shared online.
Came across some other blogs, which instead only deal with people and their opinions on issues, intelligent talks and interesting experiences. More my cup of tea, than an open-book life for everyone to read and know about. Still more blogs, which are poetic expressions or simply pages of good writing, always a pleasure to read and reflect upon!
Honestly, it was always appealing to have my own space online, which is why this blog originates in the first place, kind of an experimental online space for myself. Where I can write what runs in my head randomly, mostly when I am in the subway, at work, in the gym, walking in the city by myself or hanging out with friends, a face in the crowd, a legal alien as Sting would say...in this big city, my recently acquired love interest called New York! Among other things I am passionate about, the city will undoubtedly be an oft-spoken topic on this blog.
Let's see how far this blogdom goes...

GOOD WATCH: Lakshya

1 comment:

Raj said...

Better late than never as the saying goes! Expression in any form in my opinion is always more supreme than mute spectatorship or passive involvement. Would be nice to see how your blog develops and what kind of experiences you end up sharing with the people in this little world called "Blog"! Wish you all the best, and I do promise to follow your blog closely.