Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Wine.

"I like to think about the life of wine.
How it's a living thing.
I like to think about what was going on the year the grapes were growing; how the sun was shining; if it rained.
I like to think about all the people who tended and picked the grapes. And if it's an old wine, how many of them must be dead by now.
I like how wine continues to evolve, like if I opened a bottle of wine today it would taste different than if I'd opened it on any other day, because a bottle of wine is actually alive. And it's constantly evolving and gaining complexity. That is, until it peaks, like your '61.
And then it begins its steady, inevitable decline."

- Maya in the movie 'Sideways'

A quote that's refusing to leave my head!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly why wine is my favorite drink - you can have a different wine every day and not ever run out! Each one is ever so subtly different...

Shweyta said...

Will do Chints..See you there soon:)

blink blank link said...

hey shwets,
just chanced upon ur blog (must have got some link from somewhere), but fun to read... and always feels nice to add more to the list! ;)

Shweyta said...

Hey mentioned maturity,
Do I know you?

blink blank link said...

i dont know if u remember me... does usma-ben from KRVIA strike a chord..!??

Shweyta said...

I think you're possibly mistaking me for the other "Shweta" from KRVIA, maybe the one from Mayur's batch.
I am from a batch one year senior to him.

blink blank link said...

oops! yup i did think u were shweta vora... but well identity hardly makes a difference, its all in the bloggers world, isnt it!!

Anonymous said...

hey babe, how are you? am i the first love you are reminiscing in your previous mail. haha.. just kidding. guess who?
your clue: NP

Shweyta said...

Hi NP,
I am sorry I cant guess who you are:) So pls let me know!!